Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ice Cream - AWESOME!

I have made this a couple of times now and it is dangerous!

Tastes the best fresh but will keep in the freezer (not for long in my house though)

2 egg yolk
250g cream (tried with whipping and thickened and both worked well)
250g milk
150g sugar (I used a bit less the second time round so I imagine this is something you can reduce if you feel inclined)
1 tsp vanilla paste

Cook for 5mins on 80C, speed 4
Place in steel bowl and freeze for 4 (ish) hours or until firm but not frozen
Take it out of the freezer and cut into small-med pieces and mix in TC for 20secs on speed 9, then 10secs on speed 4
At this point on my second batch I crushed up some cadbury chocolate and mixed it through and it was yummo! So mix in chocolate, nuts or whatever takes your fancy!!
Back into the freezer until frozen

1 comment:

  1. looks good,can i put it into an icecream maker after cooking

    ReplyDelete