Thursday 1 September 2011

Strawberry sauce and jam

The local mini mart had boxes of stawberries for $4 the other night so I couldn't resist the bargain to test out some jam recipes - they worked out fabulously!!

Jam first

500g stawberries with the stalk removed
zest of  a lemon
1 lemon without the pith
250g sugar

Place the ingredients in the bowl and cook 40mins, 100C sp1 then pour into sterilised jars!

My kids aren't huge fans of things with bits so I actually whizzed my jam on 3 for a few secs after the cooking to make it a little smoother. It is such a beautiful red colour and very popular. It made about 2 medium jars worth

The other things the kids love is pink milk so I made some strawberry sauce too

200g strawberries with stalk removed
100g sugar
juice half a lemon

Cook all ingredients in bowl for 4mins, sp 4, 80C

Great to add to milk or topping for icecream and I tried a splash in a glass of sparkling wine the other day and it was lovely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment