Thursday 28 July 2011

Mashed potato and other experiments!

So, my husband loves the TM mash and I thought I would give the TC recipe a go to see how it stacks up. We both loved it although I am partial to the TM recipe as it includes parmesean and just seems to give it a nice boost so will add that next time. Would recommend cutting your potato up reasonably small though as at the demonstration I saw the mash was still a bit 'bitsy', I cut mine up smaller which I think allow it to be thoroughly cooked and was therefore nice and smooth.

I had a couple of failures - cake mixtures seem as though they would definitely benefit from the use of the butterfly for mixing. I was trying to convert a choc zucchini cake recipe and it didn't quite work so will try mixing with the butterfly next time.

Also attempted a fried rice by 'winging it' and that wasn't awesome either - egg didn't seem to cook right but may be a flaw in my methodology rather than a flaw with the TC!

No comments:

Post a Comment