Thursday 28 July 2011

Steamed vege and rice

I used the steamer for some vegies last night and thought I'd test out making rice at the same time - very impressed with the rice which I wasn't expecting! I ordinarily make my rice in a rice cooker and it is fail proof. The TC rice was really good, especially if you don't like gloopy, sticky rice.

I followed the recipe for this one - 1000g water, washed rice in strainer, vegies in steamer basket on top for 15 mins. I had my vege reasonably large still and they were on the crunchy side (somewhere between blanched and steamed) - brocholi and beans on the bottom and corn cobbs on top. I think possibly small cuts or a little longer for the vege may be ideal but it was still very eatable.

Next time I might try just the vege and a sauce in the bottom but this is a winner for a quick steak and vege meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment