Saturday 6 August 2011

Shortbread - really easy & yummy!

So we just escaped for a week away with the kids and I have newly invigorated to get cooking. Whipped up a batch of shortbread this morning and it is lovely!!

Preheat 160C oven
Wizz up 150g cold cubed butter, 75g caster sugar, 75g cornflour, 150g plain flour for 15secs sp 6
Knead for 10secs then scrape down sides and knead again for 10 secs
The mixture will resemble finely grated parmesean but when you press it into your tin (lined with baking paper - I used a 20cm square) it will come together nicely. I sprinkled some extra sugar on top at this point.
Bake for 35-40 mins (until light golden colour) then I cut mine while hot and transferred to a wire rack to cool.

Warning, appears to be addictive!! Best served with a lovely cuppa, I made this for my Nan's birthday and she thinks its a winner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment