Sunday 7 August 2011

Meatballs - good for kids dinner or party snack

I had some mince out so thought I'd try some meatballs for the kids dinner - my 4yo is going through a phase where tomatoes are out of favour so no spag/meatballs allowed although I am sure you could easily adapt this recipe for that purpose.

I had 450g Mince
1 clove garlic
60g parmesean
2 pieces of bread
1 egg
sauces for your taste

So I popped the parmesean and garlice in the bowl and turbo'd for say 4 secs

Added mince and did speed 6 for 5 secs (can do more or less to texture you prefer, these were quite sausage mince looking but cooked up well for kids and retained there shaped which can be hard when the mince is more textured)

Add bread crumbs and egg plus the sauces to suit your taste - I used a squirt of BBQ, tomato & worstershire then speed 4 for 5 secs and voila!

Roll the mixture into balls and fry of in some olive oil in the fry pan until cooked.

I served them with some relish and steamed vege and the kids cleaned the plate so always a sign of a winner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment